China Satin Fabric Manufacturer
Satin is a thicker front smooth and lustrous silk fabric, satin or brocade made of fabric. There are many varieties of satin, satin tissue in the warp and weft only one to float long form to cover the surface, and cover the other evenly distributed separate tissue points. Thus the fabric surface is smooth and shiny. By the floating long cloth full of surface called satin; weft floating long cloth full of surface called weft satin. Satin fabric is the most complex technology in silk products, the most colorful appearance of the fabric, the highest level of technology in a large class of varieties. Its characteristics: smooth and shiny, soft texture. Regardless of how the market fabric activity changes, how the sales of various fabrics rise or fall, but “satin” products in the fabric market has been very popular, become a highlight of the fabric market, a promising sales situation, indicating the importance of satin in people’s lives.
Wholesale Price： $0.8-$5/meter
|Material:||100% Polyester Fabric|
|Weight:||According to customer needs|
|Delivery Detail:||5 days to 10 days|
|Application Usage:||Garment, Home Textile, etc|
|Physical Feature:||Medium Strength|
Applications Of microfiber Satin Fabric
Satin is commonly used in clothing, for items such as lingerie, nightgowns, blouses, and evening gowns, but is also used for boxer shorts, shirts and neckties. It is also used in the production of pointed shoes for use in ballet. Other uses include interior furnishing fabrics, upholstery, and bedsheets. Satin has a variety of uses from interior decorating to fashion thanks to the many ways the weave is used, and here are a few of the most popular uses:
- Dresses. Satin is a staple for evening gowns and wedding dresses because of its beautiful drape and lustrous feel.
- Upholstery. One of satin’s earliest uses in Europe was for decorative furniture in the Palace of Versailles, and satin is still used for pillow coverings, chairs, and other types of cushioned furniture.
- Bedsheets. Since the weave is flexible and soft, satin is often used for bed linens.
- Footwear. From ballet slippers to designer heels, satin is a choice fabric for shoe designers.
- Fashion accessories. Evening bags and clutches are often made from satin.
Satin Fabric : FAQ
What Are the Different Types of Satin?
There are several types of satin, and they vary based on what fibers are used in the weave and which type of satin weave is used. Here are a few examples of satin weaves:
- Antique satin. Antique satin uses unevenly spun yarns as the weft threads, and is woven in the 5 harness or 8 harness fashion.
- Baronet satin. This form of satin uses rayon warp threads and cotton weft threads, and it is considered extremely lustrous.
- Charmeuse. Charmeuse satin, from the French word for “charmer”, is very lightweight with an easy drape, and it has the traditional characteristics of satin with a shiny front and a dull back.
- Crêpe back satin. Crêpe back satin is reversible, where one side has the lustrous, satin finish and the reverse side has a crêpe texture.
- Duchess satin. Duchess satin is a heavy fabric. It’s stiffer and has less luster than standard satin, and it is usually dyed solid colors and used for dresses.
- Messaline. This form of satin is very lightweight and has a high shine, and it’s usually woven from rayon or silk.
- Poly satin. This is an abbreviation for satin woven from polyester threads.
- Slipper satin. This satin is a tightly woven, medium-weight fabric that is used for accessories, shoes, and clothing.
What are the characteristics of Satin Fabric?
Satin fabrics are more stretchy than plain fabrics, and satin fabrics are generally known for their luster and beautiful drape. Here are some characteristics of satin:
Shiny on the front. With the organization of warp and weft, satin fabric is lustrous on the front side and lusterless on the back side. Satin feels soft and very luxurious.
Beautiful drape. The concentration of fibers and the flexibility of the fabric make satin fabrics ideal for evening wear and curtains because they combine the two characteristics of softness and ease of draping.
Durable. Because satin use filament fibers that are woven in a very taut fashion, the resulting material is stronger than many plain weave fabrics.
Wrinkle resistant. Satin does not wrinkle as easily as other fabrics, and the thicker the satin, the less likely it is to wrinkle.
How to care for satin?
There are different types of satin and different ways to clean and care for them. Satin made of synthetic fibers and satin made of cotton can be cleaned at home, while satin made of silk requires dry cleaning. When washing satin items at home, it is best to pay attention to the following points:
- Hand wash as much as possible and wash delicately in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Do not dry satin or wring it out, as it will easily deform, so avoid strong wringing.
- Do not put satin in the dryer. Instead, lay flat on a clean towel to dry.
Request Your Sample Pack & Inquiry
Order a sample pack so you can feel our premium range of textiles by yourself.